Recall Shasta has tried to mislead residents into recalling conservative local elected officials. Leonard Moty spent over 30 years as a law enforcement official here in Shasta County. If you would like to withdraw your name from the petition to recall Leonard, click the button above, print and sign the form and return it by mail or email to the addresses provided.
District 2 - Supervisor
Leonard Moty was elected Supervisor of District 2 in 2008.
Leonard served as Chief of Police of the Redding Police Department where he worked from the beginning of his career in 1977 as a police officer until his retirement as Chief in 2008. His primary focus was to maintain quality of life by providing a safe community for families. To accomplish this task, he strongly supported a community-oriented policing philosophy which included a wide variety of programs aimed at reducing crime and violence in neighborhoods. One example of his forward thinking is the highly successful Shasta Anti-Gang Enforcement (SAGE) Program. Leonard also served six months as interim Assistant City Manager for the City of Redding while still fulfilling his role as Police Chief.
Leonard Moty was born and raised in Shasta County where he attended local schools, graduating from Shasta High School. Leonard has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management from the University of Notre Dame and a Masters in Business Administration from the University of Southern California. In addition, he has his Executive Certificate from the California Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) and has graduated from the POST Command College and the FBI National Law Enforcement Academy.
Supervisor Moty is very active in the community. Here is a partial listing of his involvement:
- Mercy Foundation North Board of Trustees (Past Chair)
- The Rotary Club of Redding (Past Board Member)
- The Centerville Community Services District (Past Chair)
- Shasta YMCA (Past Vice President)
- Leadership Redding Steering Committee (Past Chair)
- Shasta Regional Community Foundation (Past Vice Chair & Founding Member)
- Mercy Medical Center Advisory Council (Past Chair)
Supervisor Moty currently serves as the County liaison to the following organizations:
- California State Association of Counties (CSAC) Board of Directors
- CSAC Executive Committee
- CSAC Finance Corporation Board of Directors
- CSAC Policy Committee: Administration of Justice
- California Medical Services Program Board of Directors
- Air Pollution Control Board
- Deferred Compensation Advisory Committee
- Enterprise-Anderson Groundwater Sustainability Agency
- Northern Sacramento Valley Integrated Regional Water Management Governing Board
- Redding Area Water Council Policy Advisory Committee
- Sacramento River Forum
- Sierra-Sacramento Valley Emergency Medical System Board
- Indian Gaming Local Community Benefit Committee, Alternate
- Northern California Water Association Governing Board, Alternate
- Shasta Regional Transportation Agency, Alternate
- Sustainable Forest Action Coalition, Alternate
Leonard and his wife, Tracy, have lived in District 2 since 1991. They have two grown children.
How You Can Help
Say NO to anyone pushing a petition for the Recall
Sign Up to Stand with Our Supervisors
Donate to fight this wasteful effort
Donations can also be sent to:
215 Lake Blvd #577
Redding, CA 96003
Contributions are not deductible for income tax purposes. State law requires us to collect and report the name, street address, employer and occupation for all donors who aggregate $100 or more.